Senior Maintenance Technician
The incumbent for the Senior Technician position will have the overall responsibility for conducting machine set up, troubleshooting, repairs, and preventative maintenance service at Hearthside.
The Lakeville plant operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. We have four work teams who work a 2-2, 3-2, 2-3 work schedule at 12 hours per day. Two teams work each day (one day team; one night team).
- Day Teams (A and B) 6am - 6pm
- Night Teams (C and D) 6pm - 6am
AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Senior Technician has the accountability for performing mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines. This position has no supervisory authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Senior Technician consist of but are not limited to:
· Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of all production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
· Use laptop PC working with PLCs, HMI, VFDs, and Allen-Bradley/ Direct Automation.
· Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required service.
· Work with computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for work orders, equipment tracking, parts, etc.
· Examine machines and equipment in root cause analysis troubleshooting and performance analysis.
· Serve as a back-up to Maintenance Team Leader
· Serve as a project lead by suggesting and driving continuous improvement projects.
· Train maintenance personnel
· Comply with all Hearthside safety policies, procedures, and rules
· Maintains current professional and technical knowledge.
· Contributes to team effort by maintaining regular attendance, communicating regularly and professionally, accomplishing related results and performing all other necessary duties as directed by manager(s)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or GED required
· 2+ year trade/technical school preferred
· 2 or more years’ experience in mid to high speed food packaging industry preferred
· Training experience preferred
· Proven ability to troubleshoot PLC’s on manufacturing equipment is required
· Highly knowledgeable and experienced with electrical equipment: 480/230 3ph, 110 & 24vdc controls, prints and schematics
· Proficient with Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
· Highly knowledgeable and experienced with packaging equipment: scales, baggers (linear & horizontal), cartoners and case-packer preferred
Hearthside's number one priority is keeping our employees and visitors safe. Therefore all employees are required to:
· Follow all current and future safety policies, at all times
· Participate in all safety training and pass written exams
· Wear safety glasses, hair net, ear protection and smock at all times while in the production/warehouse area of the plant
· Report all accident/incidents immediately to the proper person
· Provide post-accident drug screen
NOTE: In terms of a 12 hour workday, “Occasionally” equals 1% to 33%; “Frequently” equals 34% to 66%, and “Continuously” equals 67% to 100% of the time. In an 12 hour workday the job holder should be able to:
· Continuously stand and walk
· Occasionally bend/stoop, squat, twist, push/pull, kneel and crouch
· Occasionally climb to a height of approximately 10ft.
· Occasionally reach above shoulder level
· Frequently carry/lift up to fifty (50) pounds
· Frequently use hands for the repetitive actions of simple and firm grasping and fine manipulation
· Frequently use his/her head and neck in flexing and rotating
· Continuously be around moving machinery
· Frequently be in dusty conditions and exposed to cleaning solvents, lubricants and chemicals
This position is non-exempt making it eligible for overtime