.The incumbent for the Maintenance Technician position will have the overall responsibility for conducting machine set up, troubleshooting, repairs, and preventative maintenance service
AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Maintenance Technician has the accountability for performing mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines. This position has no supervisory authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician consist of but are not limited to:
· Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of all production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
· Have some knowledge related to PLCs, HMI, VFDs, and Allen-Bradley/ Direct Automation.
· Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required service.
· Work with computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for work orders, equipment tracking, parts, and other related maintenance functions.
· Examine machines and equipment in root cause analysis troubleshooting and performance analysis.
· Maintain current professional and technical knowledge.
· Develop and implement solutions to continuous improvement projects.
· Contribute to team effort by maintaining regular attendance, communicating regularly and professionally, accomplishing related results and performing all other necessary duties as directed by manager(s).
Candidate must have:
· Knowledgeable and experienced with electrical equipment: Single and Three phase, 110v & 24v dc controls, prints and schematics.
· Knowledgeable and experienced with manufacturing equipment, preferably packaging equipment: scales, baggers (linear & horizontal), cartoners and case-packer.
· Mechanically knowledge of electrical troubleshooting, pneumatic and hydraulic repairs.
· Intermediate experience and knowledge with Microsoft Office programs.· Has a working knowledge of: An oxy-acetylene torch, Arc and MIG welders, TIG welders (optional)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Successful completion of two (2) years of collegiate-level technical or vocational training in a discipline that enables performance in all aspects of the position, plus two (2) years of equipment maintenance work experience (maintenance of packaging equipment in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred), OR
· 4+ years of equivalent work experience and a high school diploma or GED.