• High School Diploma or GED, and valid Driver License
• Excellent Organizational and Time Management skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Good communication skills for effective interaction with internal & external customers
• Experience in the following systems: Fire Alarm, Access Control,
• Security, CCTV (preferably EST, Siemens, Radionics, Ademco, Silent Knight, and Simplex)
• 2 years field experience
• S98 NYC certification or NICET Certification preferred
Job Description and Duties:
• Direct report to Field Supervisor. Work hand in hand with Service Coordinator.
• Perform service & repairs on electronic fire alarm systems; EST & Siemens being the primary.
• Troubleshoot several different systems including EST & Siemens, and understand how to split a circuit to effectively troubleshoot ground faults.
• Available for scheduled “on-call” to respond to emergency service calls.
• Back up other technicians for overflow calls.
• Exhibit effective customer service skills by consistently communicating with Service Coordinator, Dispatcher, Management, and Customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction experience.
• Perform other duties as assigned, including attending training classes when offered.
• Follow troubleshooting guidelines and refer to technical/parts manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. in order to diagnose & repair equipment or systems. All work performed, whenever possible, should be reviewed with the customer.
• Ability to lift/move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working in ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
• Complete service ticket, using proper coding, through handheld device or hardcopy. Obtain customer signature upon completion of service call, and collect payment for COD’s when applicable.
• Complete monthly vehicle reports in a timely manner. Maintain accurate truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
• Read and understand complicated blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, software/systems, programs, and operation/product manuals. Understand the importance of providing quality service, inspections, and technical installation support.
• Adhere to all OSHA and company safety policies and procedures.
• Obtain and keep current S98 certification for NYC. Must obtain and retain NICET Level I certification within one year of hire.
• Maintain professional standards.
• Foster the transfer of experience and knowledge. Demonstrate cooperation, teamwork, and a commitment to professional and organizational development.