The Manager of Prospect Development will report to the Director of Data Analytics & Prospect Research. This role focuses on prospect identification and research, relationship management, and data analytics to track progress to goal. The position will provide detailed analytical research on prospects and donors as well as assist in overall prospect management for the foundation. The Manager of Prospect Development responsibilities will include:
• Develop and manage a system of continued prospect identification and pipeline development including daily patient screening results and monthly prospect identification meeting.
• Identify prospects via data mining, predictive modeling, wealth screening and resources as well as utilizing queries within Raiser’s Edge.
• Track and disseminate relevant news items about top donors and prospects; review local and national media for donor-related information and leads on potential new prospects
• Undertakes special projects as assigned. Works with staff in developing canned or customized reports from the donor or patient database.
• Works closely with the Director to develop and enforce policies and procedures related to prospect research, including donor confidentiality, ethics, electronic information management and the prospect management system.
• Provides Foundation team with reports that include capacity ratings, propensity ratings, affinity, assets and wealth information, philanthropic history, biographical background, etc.
• Maintains overall knowledge of top prospects to assist fundraisers in developing appropriate cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
• Performs complex analysis to provide strategic guidance and to promote increased effectiveness of fundraisers.
• Identifies and assesses new techniques, tools, emerging technologies, and other developments in the field. Develops and maintains knowledge of/proficiency with donor database.
• Enters and corrects data pertaining to Prospect Research and Prospect Management to create and maintain research profiles in Raiser’s Edge.
• Fields and triages information requests on a daily basis from gift officers.
• Creates event bios and ratings on attendees for foundation events including dinners, community and signature events.