History begins here…
Founded by Trafton Cole and Eddie Haan in 1928, Cole Haan is built on American craftsmanship and ingenuity. We combine traditional methods, timeless style and modern innovations to create footwear and accessories for optimists of all ages. This company was started to make good things for people who make good things happen; it still does.
Cole Haan recently returned to its roots as an independently owned company and is growing rapidly in the US and abroad, as people rediscover the value of quality goods made without compromises.
We call New York City and Greenland, New Hampshire home, but you'll find us everywhere, including in more than 115 retail stores within the United States, within our wholesale exclusive partners, and in over 100 locations globally. We also invite you to visit us at any time at www.colehaan.com.
The Cole Haan brand is all about modernizing Trafton and Eddie's legacy. The Cole Haan company is about enlisting like-minded people who want to make good things happen.
COLE HAAN RETAIL SUCCESS FACTORS:
To be successful in Cole Haan Retail, we expect that all employees exemplify, demonstrate and exhibit all 6 of our core success factors.
• BE COURAGEOUS: Take steps outside of your comfort zone to help grow our business.
• BE SMART: Act with integrity, always. Do the things we do, right the first time, and if something goes wrong, adjust quickly to course correct.
• CREATE MAGIC: Be the most inspiring connection between the brand and the customer, but also be the most inspiring person on your team, and for your team.
• BE CURIOUS: Your learning is never done, embrace discovery; ask, learn, answer, share.
• LEAD HEROES: Be a winner, and inspire the winning spirit in others, help them to achieve greatness and their full potential.
• BE COLE HAAN: Live the brand, dress the brand, create inspiring connections every day.
JOB TITLE: Assistant Store Manager
Support Store Manager and Sr. Assistant Store Manager in the implementation of initiatives and achievement of goals and objectives, with a focus Operations, Brand and Talent. Ensure consistent implementation of store responsibilities including day to day store operations.
• Achieve/Exceed personal and store sales goals and performance metrics through the implementation of revenue building strategies.
• Coach and develop staff to exceed individual and store goals.
• Coach and develop staff to provide a world class shopping experience through the effective execution of Extraordinary Brand Selling and Service Culture and Concierge Program by establishing a client base, staying connected to customer needs, anticipating customer changes, and meeting customer challenges.
• Supports the Store Manager and Senior Assistant Store Manager in the achievement of all financial and operational objectives with regards to expense control, Loss Prevention audits/checklists, and weekly reports.
• Monitor and maintain compliance of all company policies and procedures to make sound business decisions and communicate/educate all staff members
• Partners with the Store Manager and Senior Assistant Store Manager on the implementation of visual merchandising directives and maintains standards consistent with company brand strategies.
• Communicates with Store Manager, Senior Assistant Store Manager and/or directly to Corporate partners regarding product mix, trends and needs
• Holds store keys and regularly participates in store opening and closing functions.