History begins here...
Founded by Trafton Cole and Eddie Haan in 1928, Cole Haan is built on American craftsmanship and ingenuity. We combine traditional methods, timeless style and modern innovations to create footwear and accessories for optimists of all ages. This company was started to make good things for people who make good things happen; it still does.
Cole Haan recently returned to its roots as an independently owned company and is growing rapidly in the US and abroad, as people rediscover the value of quality goods made without compromises.
We call New York City and Greenland, New Hampshire home, but you'll find us everywhere, including in more than 115 retail stores within the United States, within our wholesale exclusive partners, and in over 100 locations globally. We also invite you to visit us at any time at www.colehaan.com.
The Cole Haan brand is all about modernizing Trafton and Eddie's legacy. The Cole Haan company is about enlisting like-minded people who want to make good things happen.
COLE HAAN RETAIL SUCCESS FACTORS:
To be successful in Cole Haan Retail, we expect that all employees exemplify, demonstrate and exhibit all 6 of our core success factors.
• BE COURAGEOUS: Take steps outside of your comfort zone to help grow our business.
• BE SMART: Act with integrity, always. Do the things we do, right the first time, and if something goes wrong, adjust quickly to course correct.
• CREATE MAGIC: Be the most inspiring connection between the brand and the customer, but also be the most inspiring person on your team, and for your team.
• BE CURIOUS: Your learning is never done, embrace discovery; ask, learn, answer, share.
• LEAD HEROES: Be a winner, and inspire the winning spirit in others, help them to achieve greatness and their full potential.
• BE COLE HAAN: Live the brand, dress the brand, create inspiring connections every day.
JOB TITLE: Sr. Assistant Store Manager
Responsible for all store functions in the absence of the Store Manager, as needed. Ensure consistent implementation of store responsibilities including day to day store operations. Supports Store Manager in the implementation of initiatives and achievement of goals and objectives, with a focus Operations, Brand and Talent.
• Achieve/Exceed personal and store sales goals and performance metrics through the implementation of revenue building strategies.
• Coach and develop staff to exceed individual and store goals, including coaching and development of the assistant store management team to prepare them for a Sr. Assistant Store Manager role.
• Coach and develop staff to provide a world class shopping experience exists through the effective execution of the Customer Centric Brand Experience Culture and Concierge Program by establishing a client base, staying connected to customer needs, anticipating customer changes, and meeting customer challenges.
• Partners with the Store Manager to ensure on-going specific and immediate coaching and feedback are provided to the staff.
• Assists the Store Manager with recruitment, hiring, and on-boarding of all store positions.
• Supports the Store Manager in the achievement of all financial and operational objectives with regards to expense control.
• In the absence of the store manager, or at the direction of the store manager may assist with store scheduling, payroll control, and leading the store to achieve sales and EBITDA objectives.
• Assist with Weekly reporting as directed by the Store Manager.
• Assist manager with Monthly Operational/LP accountabilities including, but not limited to: Supply Ordering, Petty Cash Reconciliation, Safety Meetings, and Alarm Tests.
• Executes and follows all company policies and procedures to make sound business decisions and communicate/educate all staff members.
• Partners with the Store Manager on the implementation of visual merchandising directives and maintains standards consistent with company brand strategies.
• Communicates with Store Manager regarding product mix, trends and needs.
• Holds store keys and regularly participates in store opening and closing functions
• BA in Business Administration, or related field preferred
• 3-4 years of high volume store management experience.
• Must have the availability and the ability to work a flexible schedule to meets the demands of a retail business and retail consumer which may include regular nights, weekends, long and short shifts.
• Retail Operations knowledge including: sales, customer service, merchandising, inventory control, store budget preparation and loss prevention.
• Strong Computer skills: POS Systems and Microsoft Office, Math Skills and Phone Skills
• Staff Development Experience: Knowledge in staffing, coaching, counselling, training and development.
• Able to accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Able to work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment and provide excellent customer service
• Able to effectively communicate in verbal and written English
• Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 25-50 pounds occasionally
• Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, reach, climb a ladder and stand for extended periods of time, including repetitive use of upper extremities.