• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Project Superintendent on large scale, commercial, mixed-use and/or multi-family projects or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• As an alternate, more than 5 years of experience as an Assistant Superintendent on large scale construction projects.
• Possesses strong knowledge base in all divisions for mixed-use building project components including civil/site-work, foundation and structural systems, wood framing, interior finishes, exterior wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems.
• Proven the ability to create and lead a supportive team environment.
• Possess great organizational and management skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills. Accurate and detail oriented.
• Strong computer skills including the ability to use PDF, spread sheets, online plan rooms and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and computer based scheduling software such as Microsoft Project
The Superintendent manages the work of Alliance associates and those of the subcontractors including coordination of subcontracts, drawings and specifications. Superintendents have the overall responsibility for monitoring the quality of work and safety performed on the project. In addition, they have an obligation to monitor project costs and to take necessary action to minimize expenses and/or maximize profits while maintaining quality. They must thoroughly understand the Construction and Contract Documents including the subcontract agreements, all addenda, plans, and specifications.
The Key Responsibilities.
• Participate in the development of the overall project schedule with the Senior Superintendent, Project Manager, and key contractors. Develop and maintain short interval schedules to comply with the time frames in the CPM (Critical Path Method). Update all schedules to maximize performance.
• Have complete knowledge of all vendor and subcontract agreements, drawings and specifications.
• Coordinate, direct and monitor all aspects of the Alliance safety program. Implementation and enforcement of Alliance project safety guidelines with all crews.
• Maintain the quality standards that are a staple of each Alliance Property
• See that all required permits for Right of Way and construction work are obtained in a timely manner.
• Plan and coordinate installation of all municipal utilities (water, sewer, gas, & electrical) and communication/cable vendors (Wave, Comcast, Qwest, etc).
• Solicit and negotiate bids for miscellaneous sections of work as needed. Review and forward to Project Manager for review, approval and issuance of a contract or purchase order.
• Have complete knowledge of the project estimate and take steps to correct work if it is at risk of not being performed within the estimate.
• Assist with the planning and obtaining of necessary hoisting for the project. Review with the project team prior to commitment.
• Examine all construction drawings and specifications for suspected constructability, potential code violations.
• Schedule and lead pre-construction meetings with the subcontractors and suppliers to prepare them for upcoming work.
• Scheduling and expediting the delivery of long lead materials and equipment furnished by subcontractors, and assume the primary responsibility for their timely delivery.
• Maintain positive relationships with the public, governmental authorities, Development, Architect, Engineers, contractors, and all others involved with the project.
• Maintain and update the Daily Project Reports documenting the progress of the project as well as noting any problem areas that affect the timely completion of the planned activities.
• Coordinate, direct, and schedule all testing and inspection activities of agencies and governmental authorities. See that all required corrections are made and that disputes are satisfactorily resolved. Maintain all appropriate records for tests and inspections.
• Review performance and costs of all project operations and take action as required to correct problems. Keep the Development & Construction staffs informed at all times regarding cost situations
• Manage and maintain the project schedule, subcontractor specialty schedules, short interval schedule, etc. as required to guide construction to a successful completion.
• Assure the continuing development of the project associates through performance evaluations, varying assignments, training, and maintaining a positive project morale.
• Effective organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills.
• Proficient computer skills including experience with related software programs.
• Accurate and detail oriented.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and relate effectively, productively, and positively with other Associates.
• Ability to work a schedule that may include hours other than 8-5 Monday through Friday, depending on business needs.