• A minimum of 3-5 years in real estate investment & finance, development, law or design/engineering.
• Bachelor’s Degree with strong academic performance required
• Knowledge of the Greater San Francisco real estate market
• Knowledge of key financial concepts and metrics as they relate to the multifamily real estate industry, including capitalization rates, internal rates of return, cash-on-cash returns and others.
• Understanding economic indicators as they relate to valuing multifamily real estate.
• Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Project is required.
The Development Manager position will report to the area Managing Director and will focus on multifamily development activities in the San Francisco Bay Area. The candidate will be responsible for a variety of project management duties including the preparation of financial models and proformas, analyzing the feasibility of residential development projects, the creation of investor/lender presentation packages, coordinating and directing development team consultants and assembling and presenting market research information, coordinating with capital partners and various other tasks.
The Development Manager will also be responsible for assisting in the preparation and tracking of budgets and project proformas to ensure that development projects are completed on schedule, within budget and in compliance with the terms of joint venture and loan agreements. The candidate will be an integral part of large development projects in all aspects of the business, including direct coordination with the project operations, financing, and construction.
The office is a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment - the successful candidate must be a team-oriented, proactive, self-starter with an eagerness to learn and grow, and have passion for the real estate development process.
The Key Responsibilities.
• Evaluate potential new development sites from for zoning, market and financial feasibility
• Conduct detailed market surveys and perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of competitive landscape
• Underwrite the value of multifamily real estate development projects by developing and applying quantitative analytical models
• Participate in conducting and managing the due diligence process on targeted development projects
• Collect and integrate project data, including construction cash flow requirements, operating income and expense projections and financing assumptions for project proformas
• Compose written and graphical summaries and memorandums regarding potential development projects for internal and external presentation
• Interface and negotiate with governmental jurisdictions on entitlement and zoning issues
• Assist in managing monthly draw processes
• Track job cost against budget and report to management on projected savings or overruns
• Understanding of the real estate and development industry
• Effective organizational, prioritization and time management skills
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to push need-to-know information upstream as warranted
• Strong aptitude for building and manipulating financial models