Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
|Responsible for the primary objective of leasing all available residential space throughout the year.|
| Leasing Operations |
- Performs all accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner
- Recommends and implements corrective action on service, presentation, organization, and productivity
- Projects a favorable image of the community to achieve property objectives and public recognition
- Adheres to standards and complies with: corporate procedures, government laws on Fair Housing, and all inspections of the facility
- Generates traffic of prospective customers by utilizing advertisements for periodicals, direct mailers, follow up letters, telemarketing campaigns, in-house programs, etc.
- Assists with the design of advertisements for periodicals, direct mailers, follow up letters, telemarketing campaigns, in-house programs, etc.
- Conducts all functions necessary to close the sale, including making appointments, generating new leads, conducting tours, maintaining show rooms, and any follow-up necessary
- Regularly completes market surveys, including university and local marketing conditions
- Conducts all functions necessary to maximize revenue during the summer, including leasing all space, coordinating with other departments, etc.
- Performs after hours duties as needed (i.e., attend student functions, PR events, etc.)
- Assists with the development and implementation of ideas to retain residents
- Coordinates assigning of rooms, matching roommates, minimizing changes
- Places customer needs, requests, and follow-up as a number one priority
- Assists the General Manager and/or Leasing Manager with the supervision of the leasing staff, including training, development, evaluation, and rewards
- Maintains daily contact with staff and attends meetings as appropriate
|Administration of Leasing Operations |
- Gathers and/or compiles information for requested reports
- Completes all necessary paperwork for move-in, check-out, and other peak periods
- Processes all paperwork associated with generating a lease in a timely fashion
- Assists in corporate projects as requested
|Financial Management |
- Maximizes revenue along with maximizing occupancy
- Assists in collecting outstanding rents, security deposits, or other income as necessary
- Assists with any accounts receivable payments and follow-up as needed
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|· Bachelor degree preferred; or prior experience in leasing and sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in the student housing industry preferred.|
|Ability to: |
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence and leasing documents.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, prospective tenants, parents, university or community officials, or members of management.
- Write routine reports and correspondence that conform to prescribed style and format of the Company.
- Communicate effectively with management and subordinates is an essential requirement of the position.
- Communicate effectively with management, residents or employees.
|Proficiency in business math required. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and math.|
|Ability to define and solve problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables. |
|Strong computer skills required. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Email, Internet, Word Processing software, database software; Spreadsheet software; and Property management software.|
|The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. |
|The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. |
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may infrequently drive a vehicle (intrastate and interstate travel) or be subject to air travel for purposes of Company business.