Under minimal supervision of the Vice President of Technical Services, the Senior Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for providing advanced technical support for ACC applications and systems. This includes ensuring high customer satisfaction for internal and external users through timely resolution of application issues as escalated by the Help Desk and Customer Service organizations. The Senior Technical Support Specialist will play a hands-on role in the deep technical troubleshooting and resolution of problems and other requested tasks requiring elevated permissions or advanced application expertise. The Senior Technical Support Specialist will also participate in requirements gathering meetings to represent both Customer and serviceability interests, and participate in the QA process to help insure known issues are addressed as asserted.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Diagnose and resolve complex application issues as escalated by the Help Desk and Customer Service teams.
- Develop internal application patches in concert with the Development organization.
- Perform requested tasks that require elevated permissions or advanced application expertise.
- Participate in requirements gathering to represent Customer and serviceability interests.
- Define and manage continuous improvement programs such as supplying product development with enhancement requests, providing root-cause analysis and remediation recommendations on severe issues, and providing quality assurance within the support framework.
- Augment configuration management, build, and testing controls in the Development organization.
- Manage third party relationships as needed.
- Stay abreast of and incorporate industry best practices regarding support.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or other natural sciences. Additional experience may be substituted for this.
- 5+ years of technical experience supporting core business applications and/or paying customers.
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a professional demeanor under stress.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated technical independence in highly complex and integrated environments.
- Must possess excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must establish and maintain effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and coworkers.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of Microsoft platforms, including Windows Server (2003 or 2008) and SQL Server (2005 or 2008). Prefer MCITP, MCPD, or MCSE certifications in Windows Server or SQL Server technologies.
- Very strong understanding of networking including TCP/IP. CCNA a plus.
- Prefer experience performance testing or tuning .NET or IIS web applications.
- Prefer experience with Load-balancer technologies, such as MS NLB or Cisco ACE.
- Prefer experience with Linux or network appliances as compliment to MS technologies.
- Prefer experience with Amazon Cloud services.
- Ability to maintain service quality and manage individual projects.
- Ability to develop and mentor less experienced staff.
| The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the environment is moderate. |
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
| While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. |