Corporate Leasing and Marketing Specialist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
|American Campus Communities (ACC) holds the Corporate Leasing and Marketing Specialist responsible for various leasing and marketing projects, as assigned by the VP of Leasing and the VP of Marketing. Scope of duties will vary according to projects, but may include the following: working directly with student housing property staff regarding the on-site leasing functions; facilitating leasing and sales training and development of property staff; developing and distributing property leasing and marketing resources and training material; assisting student housing properties with implementation of marketing mediums; facilitating marketing training for property staff; conducting market research projects; implementation of the strategic marketing plan; provide support to the Leasing and Marketing Department; other projects as assigned. Extensive travel will be required. |
- Managing and assisting with the leasing at properties that are temporarily short-staffed or in need of staff development
- Oversight of all tour and leasing activity at properties in struggling markets or that may otherwise be considered in need of leasing assistance.
- Attend and participate in property marketing calls as needed
- Evaluate and provide feedback for property Community Assistant and leasing staff
- Implementation of all marketing activity at properties in struggling markets or that may otherwise be considered in need of marketing assistance
- Attend, plan and implement marketing strategy at housing fairs, open houses, orientation and other property, university of local marketing events
- Implement marketing strategy and advise on additional marketing opportunities that may be available
- Train on-site staff on appropriate marketing mediums and implementation
- Report updates to the VP of Property Marketing and specific Regional Manager and RVP
- Assist in LAMS and lease audits when present at a property
- Ensure that the property maintains all SOX compliance regulations
- Ensure that LAMS follow up steps and data entry are being complete daily at the property level
- Assist in giving leasing tours, answering leasing phone calls and process online inquiries as needed
- Assist in providing leasing training and closing training as needed
- Work directly with the leasing and marketing department with follow up leasing training in struggling markets
- Assist in the management of the property staff in conducting leasing and LAMS training for new employees
- Ensure all new employees complete the leasing training workbooks, view appropriate training videos and submit sign off forms to the leasing department
ANNUAL MARKETING PLAN
- Strategic review of annual marketing plans
- Provide feedback and ideas to improve property marketing plans, calendars, and marketing time lines
- Monitor effectiveness of marketing mediums and provide recommendations while working with property marketing budgets
- Complete and assist with property market surveys, university profiles and housing cost analysis as needed
- Implementation of strategic marketing plan elements
- Establish relationships with on-campus and guerilla marketing partners
- Implementation of guerilla and on-campus marketing efforts
- Assist in training on-site staff to foster and continue established on-campus and guerilla marketing partnerships as well as create new ones
- Implementation of social and online marketing campaigns
- Implementation of strategic marketing plan elements
- Evaluate market conditions and competitive properties
- Tour competitive properties and obtain marketing materials, evaluate the staff and marketing/leasing efforts
- Provide recommendations on leasing specials as needed
- Implementation of leasing specials to applicable marketing mediums
- Assist with planning and implementation of orientation marketing, housing fairs, open houses, or other property events where the staff needs additional corporate assistance
- Implementation of additional critical and troubled marketing strategy plans
- Evaluate and provide feedback on Community Assistants and Leasing/Marketing staff
- Implementation and review of SMS data and reports
- Review of SMS data in correlation to LAMS data
- Identify new marketing and advertising opportunities
- Evaluate leasing and marketing signage
- Evaluate and inventory marketing collateral, printed materials and promotional items
- Review and edit online advertising websites for accuracy and effectiveness
- Implementation of renewal marketing campaign elements
- Assist with planning and implementation of renewal marketing events
- Evaluate renewal marketing signage
- Assist property staff and regional with planning and implementation of any and all marketing or promotional events
- Provide training and manage the planning process for large-scale marketing events
- Coordinate with creative team and leasing and marketing directors on promotional orders
- Work directly with property staff and regional manager with planning and implementation of any and all marketing or promotional events on-site
- Assist with market surveys and HCAs as needed
- Maintain ongoing communications with university officials
- Update corporate office on university relations and communications
- Communicate with university officials in order to obtain direct mail lists
- Communicate with university groups and departments (athletic department, international student organizations, transfer office, orientation office, off-campus housing office, etc.) in order to facilitate a marketing relationships and potential master lease opportunities
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor degree required; or 4 years’ experience in the student/multi-family housing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in leasing or sales
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities
Certificates and Licenses:
- Leasing and sales techniques
- Computer programs, including but not limited to email, internet, Word processing, spreadsheet, database and property management software.
- Read, analyze and interpret business/financial reports and legal documents.
- Address common inquiries or complaints from residents, prospective tenants, parents, university or community officials, or members of management.
- Write business correspondences and proposals that conform to prescribed style and format of the Company.
- Calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Apply concepts of basic math and algebra.
- Define and solve problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
|The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.|
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.|