Assistant Resident Director
Summary:American Campus Communities (ACC) holds the Assistant Resident Director (RD) responsible for assistance with individual and collective development of all students of an apartment community. The Assistant RD reports to the Assistant Director of Housing Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
Community Assistant (CA) Staff
Life Safety of Employees and Residents
- Assist Resident Directors in on-going supervision of CA staff
- Assist with CA development in areas such as scheduling and on-going training
- Assist in planning and implementing annual CA training
- Assist with planning and holding weekly CA meetings
- Assist in planning and implementing CA hiring process
- Coordinate and implement CA attendance to student development conferences such as Southern RAP
Student and Community Development
- Live on-site, being available for after hours on-call response
- Participate in rotating, on-call duty with Resident Directors
- Provide crisis prevention and intervention
Facility Management and Operations
- Coordinate Monthly Newsletter for undergraduate residents
- Assist in coordinating monthly Residence Life Report
- Assist with implementation of the educational programming model as well as social events
- Assist in managing and utilizing programming budget
- Conduct quarterly town hall meetings in accordance with the corporate community council model
- Oversee student and community development by CA staff
- Handle all scheduling and written communication with residents in response to Incident Reports in conjunction with Resident Director(s). Handle policy enforcement and discipline process for first-time, minor offenses of undergraduates.
- Assist in daily operations, including providing staffing during Office Hours
- Knowledgeable of the opening/closing procedures
- Knowledgeable within the areas of leasing, vendor relations, and the budget
- Administrative duties as assigned
- Serve as ACC representative and liaison in all interactions
- Assist in corporate projects as requested
- Serve as Public Relations representative to all interested parties
- Maintain ongoing communications with university officials
Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2 years experience in residence life and/or a bachelors degree in a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience and/or skills in residence life, student development, wellness programming, events planning, crisis prevention and intervention.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business/financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, prospective tenants, or members of management. Ability to write business correspondence and proposals that conform to prescribed style and format of the Company.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Email, Internet, Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; and property management software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.