Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
|Operates PBX or multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel by performing the following duties.|
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors visitor access and issues passes when required.
- Updates travel calendars.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft word processing software; Excel spreadsheet software; Internet software; Outlook and E-mail software systems and property accounting system.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The vision requirements include: close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.