Working directly with the General Manager and/or the Assistant General Manager, assists with the responsibility for supervising, coordinating, and controlling all costs of maintenance and repair operations to insure the highest quality product and service, and to maximize the profitability of the operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Maintains facility and grounds based on ACC and property objectives
- Ensures the safe operation, maintenance and repair of all facility equipment, including compliance with all health, safety and OSHA programs, polices, procedures, and reports
- Assists management in the assignment of all work orders.
- Responds to all assigned work orders in a timely manner, including after hours "on call" maintenance requests
- Maintains all required records and documentation
- Assists management in the development of an inspection program for all public areas and resident apartments to ensure proper maintenance and standards are achieved and sustained
- Assists management in the development and implementation of preventative maintenance programs for all buildings, equipment and resident apartments, including the training of the staff on the operation of such program
- Assists management in the development of schedules and the coordination and management of the Turn Program for the property.
- Ensures compliance with Key Control procedures
- Ensures all ACC, city, state, federal, and EPA air conditioning and refrigeration record keeping requirements and procedures are met as to the maintenance, service, repair, and disposal of air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and refrigerant
- Ensures the maintenance, cleanliness and appearance of all pool and spa areas and equipment
- Ensures all health department, city, state, and federal procedures, practices and record keeping requirements applicable to pools and spas are followed to maintain proper water chemistry and sanitation
- Ensures that all storage areas, tools, and equipment are kept secure at all times
- Ensures "out of order rooms" are made ready as quickly as possible to return to a rent ready status
- Assists General Manager in the development of the property capital budget and department annual budget
- Ensures all fire and safety equipment is in working order and in compliance with all applicable city, state and federal codes
- Assists management with the solicitation of bids from contractors and vendors; supervises all contracted work that is performed on the property
- Completes projects and assignments given by the General Manager
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of 3 years of maintenance experience, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Air conditioning and refrigeration certification by an EPA Type 2 or above approved testing organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate with residents, management, and co-workers.
- Ability to provide legible written communications. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate with management, residents or employees.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Accurately compute mathematical calculations and use required measurement tools.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standard situations.
- Computer skills required including a working knowledge of email, word processing spreadsheet and database software
- Ability to assist and/or recommend to management the prioritization, organization and delegation of work assignments to staff.
- Ability to assess staff training needs and make recommendations to management and assist with such training.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve problems.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of all property information.
In conjunction with management, responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the maintenance and/or housekeeping staff. As needed and under the direction of management, carries out supervisory responsibilities, including participation in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.