Works independently by performing administrative and managerial work that involves coordinating and supervising the activities of the maintenance staff and outside vendors engaged in maintaining and repairing ACC buildings, grounds, facilities and equipment. Also responsible for supervising, coordinating and controlling all costs of maintenance and repair operations to insure the highest quality product and service, and to maximize the profitability of the operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Supervises and directs maintenance staff
- Supervises and ensures the maintenance of facility and grounds based on ACC and property objectives
- Supervises and ensures the safe operation, maintenance and repair of all facility equipment, including compliance with all health, safety and OSHA programs, polices, procedures, and reports
- Ensures that all work orders are responded to in a timely manner, including after hours "on call" maintenance requests
- Maintains all required records and documentation
- Develops, implements, and supervises an inspection program for all public areas and resident apartments to ensure proper maintenance and standards are achieved and sustained
- Develops, implements, and supervises preventative maintenance programs for all buildings, equipment and resident apartments, including the training of the staff on the management of such program
- Develops, schedules, coordinates and manages the Turn Program for the property in conjunction with the property manager, staff and ACC corporate staff
- Ensures compliance with Key Control procedures
- Ensures all ACC, city, state, federal, and EPA air conditioning and refrigeration record keeping requirements and procedures are met as to the maintenance, service, repair, and disposal of air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and refrigerant
- Maintains, inspects, and trains staff to assure the maintenance, cleanliness and appearance of all pool and spa areas and equipment
- Ensures all health department, city, state, and federal procedures, practices and record keeping requirements applicable to pools and spas are followed to maintain proper water chemistry and sanitation
- Ensures that personnel keep all storage areas, tools, and equipment secure at all times
- Ensures that personnel make ready "out of order rooms" as quickly as possible to return to a rent ready status
- Provides the property manager with recommendations regarding the development of the property capital budget and the maintenance department annual budget
- Ensures final inspection of all maintenance department related work and execution of all work orders
- Ensures all fire and safety equipment is in working order and in compliance with all applicable city, state and federal codes
- Solicits bids from contractors and vendors; supervise all contracted work that is performed on the property
- Ensures that all maintenance emergency matters are responded to and handled properly and expeditiously
- Develops, implements, and ensures the execution of emergency procedures
- Ensures all personal protection equipment for staff is in good working order and that related training is completed and documented
- Communicates regularly with the property manager as to all maintenance related activities
- Ensures follow-through and assists in all resident requests and complaints
- Supervises the completion of daily maintenance department paperwork in a timely manner
- Conducts regular maintenance department meetings
- Attends and participates in property staff meetings
- Responds to ACC corporate staff communications
- Creates, schedules, and maintains productivity and labor cost goals
- Maintains sufficient supplies, materials and equipment for departmental operations, while maintaining inventory levels and cost control. Orders, receives and verifies shipments of supplies and other departmental items based on quality, quantity and price
- Supervises the completion of projects and assignments given by the property manager
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of 3 years of maintenance experience, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Air conditioning and refrigeration certification by an EPA Type 2 or above approved testing organization.
- Strong computer skills required including a working knowledge of email, word processing spreadsheet and database software
- Ability to effectively communicate with residents, management, and co-workers.
- Ability to provide legible written communications. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with management and subordinates is an essential requirement of the position. May be required to speak before groups of residents or employees.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Is directly responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the maintenance and the housekeeping/porter staff. Carries out supervisor responsibilities, including interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides regular updates to management.
- Ability to accurately compute mathematical calculations and use required measurement tools.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standard situations.
- Strong computer skills required including a working knowledge of email, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Work independently.
- Prioritize, organize, and delegate work assignments to staff. Updates management on a regular basis.
- Assess staff training needs and provide such training. Updates management on a regular basis.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve problems.
- Work well under pressure.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of all property information.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.