Summary:Keeps records of financial transactions for establishment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Compiles reports to show statistics such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of business.
- Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts.
- Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfers data to general ledger.
- Reconciles and balances accounts.
- Prepares accounting reports as requested.
- Completes records to or through trial balance.
- Creates and mails delinquent rent statements to residents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience/Abilities: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft word processing software; Excel spreadsheet software; Internet software; Outlook and E-mail software systems and property accounting system.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The vision requirements include: close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.