Responsible for maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings and maintains grounds by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
- Paints interior walls, as needed.
- Assists in the maintenance and general repairs of the buildings' exterior and interior systems (plumbing and electrical).
- Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in maintenance equipment.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Prepares apartments for occupancy in accordance with apartment turnover protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with residents, management, and co-workers
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.