Responsible for the care, direction and progression of therapy patients and their treatments. Is a viable member of the therapeutic rehabilitation team and will assist in department maintenance, supervision of department staff as needed and delivering the best quality care possible. Is responsible for appropriate scheduling of therapy patients, completing the monthly productivity statistics in a time manner and working with the team to maintain an efficient and productive therapy department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure delivery of high quality patient care services.
- Perform direct patient care, including evaluation of muscle, skeletal, neurological and other physical problems.
- Support and encourage multidisciplinary coordination of treatment.
- Ensure proper documentation of patient care.
- Maintain professional standards through compliance with quality assurance policies/ procedures as well as applicable regulations and corporate policies.
- Implement effective communication with own and other departments' staff, with medical staff and patients to ensure coordinated efforts and provision of high quality service and optimal patient care.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving and conflict-resolution abilities.
- Inform Administrator of department problems, needs and solutions in a timely manner.
- Plan, design, implement and interpret specific physical therapy treatment programs for patients to facilitate the patient's recovery and attainment of maximum physical potential.
- Educate patients in the proper care and use of supports and performance of exercise programs.
- Perform or delegate patient treatment to include modalities, therapeutic exercises, gait training and hydrotherapy.
- Follow appropriate documentation and reporting procedures.
- Secure prescription for each patient treated.
- Work closely with the physician to ensure comprehensive delivery of services and quality patient care.
- Assist marketing staff with tours as necessary.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect center assets and property against loss or waste through negligence or dishonesty.
- Participate in professional development by attending center meetings and outside educational seminars.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, standards and techniques of physical therapy.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of physical therapy equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work medical environment.
- Skill in developing and maintaining patient care records and writing reports.
- Skill in time management, planning and workload control.
- Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
- Skill in developing and maintaining medical quality assurance and quality control standards.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective communication and working relationships with Management, patients, medical staff and the general public.
- Good telephone manners and etiquette.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent people skills. Ability to motivate and work effectively with others.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Degree from an APTA approved school of physical therapy and approved by the Physical Therapy Examining Committee of the State.
New graduate to five years of clinical experience in multiple clinical settings. Emphasis in orthopedics preferred.
Current license as a Registered Physical Therapist in the State.