Job Title: Customer Service Associate
Dept./Division: Convenience Store
Supervised by: General Manager
Employee Type: Hourly
Pay Grade: 6
NATURE OF WORK: Under general supervision, provides friendly customer service in a fast-paced environment.
• Provides superior customer service;
• Performs cashier responsibilities; accurately and efficiently tenders methods of payments for the collection of goods and services;
• Assists with maintaining the cleanliness and safety of site;
• Follows safety policies and procedures;
• Maintains store goods; ensures that they are in date code, in a saleable condition, properly priced, and properly faced;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Customer service practices;
• Manual cash count and reconciliation;
• Cash handling policies and procedures;
• Safety practices and site policies and procedures.
• Performing mathematical computations;
• Basic math computation,
• Use point of sale equipment and operate site equipment;
• Maintain and clean site facilities;
• Handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, and the public;
• Use tact, courtesy and communicate well with others, orally and in writing;
• Maintain a flexible work schedule and work extended hours as needed;
• Maintain reliable transportation and two methods of contact for on-call or back-up shift hours.
1. High School Diploma( State of Arizona Certificate of Completion) or GED
2. Six (6) months retail or cash handling experience
• Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older
• Must pass retail exam
• Must pass a background check, credit check and drug test. Funding and sensitivity of position will determine fingerprinting requirement.
Note: This position may require the use of personal, GSA or Tribal vehicle for Tribal business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for Tribal business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized to drive a Tribal vehicle or if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extended hours; use hands to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 50 pounds. Due to safety concerns the employee must have the physical capability of vision, hearing, smell, and verbal communication.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment does contain fuels, chemicals and substances that can be flammable, toxic, or both. A significant number of cash transactions occur where increased safety awareness is required.