External Job Title:
Cisco Network Engineer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from four-year College or University; five years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of and experience with Cisco network infrastructure, Wireless and firewall technologies, Load Balancing infrastructure, communication protocols, and experience with network software and hardware deployment. Working knowledge of Network fundamentals, security and best practices is required.
External Job Description:
Install, configure, and maintain network infrastructure components in support of business processing requirements. This includes but is not limited to Cisco Routers, Switches, Wireless, Firewalls, Load Balancers and Monitoring systems.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Follow all company and department policies and procedures.
2. Comply with federal and state regulations.
Essential responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Use good judgment and experience to resolve complex issues and challenges. Gain support from management in more complex issues prior to taking action.
• Ensure data integrity and security by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate network infrastructure hardware and software solutions utilizing industry standards and best practices.
• Install, configure, and maintain network hardware, associated peripherals, and data circuits.
• Assist with developing standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Establish and document standards and procedures for team review.
• Conducts routine hardware and software audits of the network infrastructure to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, best practices and configuration guidelines.
• Recognize and troubleshoot problems with network components including data circuits; Assist in troubleshooting business issues associated with the network.
• Maintain a comprehensive hardware and software configuration database/library.
• Perform upgrades to network infrastructure components.
• Develop detailed implementation plans including communication strategies, validation and back out procedures.
• Develop system/software backup processes for preinstall procedures and disaster recovery.
• Participate in off-hours on-call rotation.
• Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
• Participate in time planning. Schedule and maintain projected efforts for projects, enhancements and administrative tasks.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.