External Job Description:
The key responsibility of the meat lead is to back up to the Department manager and support all areas of the company’s Standard Operating Position. The meat lead must be able to run the department successfully in the manager’s absence, mastering the SOP’s including merchandising, order guides, scheduling, contribution to profit, people development and customer service. As a meat lead, the expectation and end result will be to run a meat department in the organization as a Department manager.
• Follows all company and department policies and standard operating procedures.
• Complies with federal and state regulations.
• Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
• Adheres to all cleaning and sanitation guidelines.
Essential responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Welcomes, serves, and assists customers to provide excellent customer service in the department.
• Ensures proper shift coverage by calling in additional staff to cover call-ins and by managing employee breaks based on customer traffic.
• Ensures opening or closing procedures are followed according to the standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
• In absence of department manager, ensures all price changes and in store transfers occur in a timely fashion.
• Ensures storage and code dating standard operating procedures are adhered to for all products.
• Ensures proper cold chain procedure is adhered to at all times; this includes delivery to the store, storage, stocking, and holding on the sales floor.
• Follows all merchandising guidelines, including display models, signage, and product packaging.
• Ensures removal and disposal of un-sellable product from the department.
• Adheres to the trim and thickness standards.
• Prepares meat for sale, including cutting, sawing, boning, trimming, grinding, and wrapping.
• Performs stocking duties, ensuring correct placement of stock and refilling of product.
• Monitors the temperature of coolers and freezers to maintain freshness of products.