External Job Description:
To perform the primary responsibility of efficient and accurate checking of all grocery vendor deliveries and to perform other functions as required in produce, point-of-sale, and receiving in an efficient manner within Company policy to ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following
• Responsible for controlling the flow of vendor traffic through receiving doors.
• Receive all merchandise and process all credits according to Company procedures.
• Check and verify all grocery receiving to ensure that the items listed on vendor invoices are actually delivered and meet store policy for quality, count and condition.
• Verify that all vendor invoices include legible pricing and are properly extended.
• Flag attention to any discrepancies and shortages on invoice documents and obtain signature of delivery vendor for confirmation of such shortages according to Company procedure.
• Communicate promptly to the Store Director any problems or situations which may affect the integrity of the store or of the vendor.
• Perform accurate posting of all invoice documents to the receiving log and place all signed invoices in designated secure area.
• Take stock to applicable storage and/or work load areas.
• Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
• Be knowledgeable in and both able and prepared to perform all duties of an experienced grocery clerk’s position.
• Comply with safety policies and procedures.
• Keep perishable merchandise rotated in accordance with store policy and product code dates, and remove all out-of-code merchandise from active storage areas for appropriate credit/return-to-vendor or for disposal, as applicable, according to Company policy.
• Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in compliance with store policy and state and local health regulations on a regular basis.
• Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance a minimum of one time per shift.