External Job Description:
Responsible for the total operations of the meat department and management of employees, including hiring, firing, training, coaching and scheduling. Manages the department to ensure an unprecedented shopping experience for the customer; to promote sales; and to achieve sales budgets, profit margins, and labor goals by focusing on quality, freshness, and customer service.
• Follows all company and department policies and standard operating procedures.
• Complies with federal and state regulations.
• Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
• Adheres to all cleaning and sanitation guidelines.
Essential responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Welcomes, serves, and assists customers to provide excellent customer service in the department.
• Develops department schedule to match customer traffic, ensuring proper staffing at peak times.
• Ensures well-trained employees open and close the department according to the standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
• Ensures inventory procedures are executed and followed accurately.
• Writes all orders based on individual store needs and trends while being alert to communications from the meat merchandising team.
• Manages the process for price changes and in store transfers.
• Ensures removal and disposal of un-sellable product from the sales floor.
• Ensures proper cold chain procedure is adhered to at all times; this includes delivery to the store, storage, stocking, and holding on the sales floor.
• Follows all merchandising guidelines, including display models, signage, and product packaging.
• Ensures storage and code dating standard operating procedures are adhered to for all products.