The Princeton Review is looking for a part-time marketing assistant. The ideal candidate must possess the ability to learn quickly and communicate effectively with an ambitious client base. The candidate would also be a self-starter with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment.
ABOUT THE PRINCETON REVIEW:
The Princeton Review is THE destination for college and grad bound students to make their dreams a reality. Last year alone, we helped more than 3.5 million students get into their dream college or grad school. How do we do it? Online and in-person tutoring and test prep from top-notch educators as well as more than 150 books and personalized college counseling. The Princeton Review was recently acquired by IAC (NASDAQ: IACI), a leading media and Internet company with more than 150 brands. Former Match.com CEO, Mandy Ginsberg, is now leading the company into its next phase of growth. We need ambitious, innovative people to join our team to continue our success as an education leader. If you are passionate about education, want to give millions of students the edge they need to succeed and be part of a fast growing internet business then you're in the right place. For more information, visit www.princetonreview.com and www.facebook.com/ThePrincetonReview. Follow the Company's Twitter feed @ThePrincetonRev.
1. Assist with marketing communications for Princeton Review programs, including direct mailings, email campaigns, on-campus marketing events, and grassroots outreach.
2. Serve as first contact for students and parents; make follow-up phone calls and speak with walk-ins
3. Drive sales of our products/courses through one-on-one discussions with potential students and parents
4. Assist with marketing events throughout the community, including occasional evening/weekend events
5. Perform administrative duties, including data entry, test scanning, and filing
6. Additional duties as assigned.
1. Prior marketing, sales, or promotional experience is preferred - can include retail or campus-based outreach.
2. Strong and courteous written and oral communication skills
3. Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel is required
5. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple deadlines
6. Prior customer service is required; prior experience in the education industry or in a luxury service organization is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer