By acting as a consultant, the Neighborhood Marketing Managers are responsible for coaching our shops to develop neighborhood specific sales plans and ensuring execution. They will help build Potbelly’s brand awareness and sales to establish Potbelly as the best place for lunch in the neighborhood.
These individuals also are responsible for conducting neighborhood shop visits to assess marketplace dynamics and to create business building recommendations. Success in this role will be measured by Balanced Scorecard performance and their ability to coach, communicate, and proactively influence shop performance.
Sales & Marketing Consultant
Neighborhood Sales Driver
- Understand how to grow the business profitably and coach teams to build their capability. This will be accomplished through shop visits and teaching sales classes, leveraging the Sales Building Pyramid.
- Review sales to provide insight, trends and best practices to grow sales profitably.
- Communicate sales goals and programs to Market Managers. Create and execute sales contests, as needed.
- Review all shops’ quarterly sales games plans and give feedback to DM/GM’s to ensure quality of activities and execution.
- Conduct neighborhood shop visits, assessing competitive dynamics and create actionable recommendations.
- Manage Neighborhood Marketing budget, including allocation and reimbursement processes.
- Work with Marketing Director to understand media plans and communicate objectives and details effectively.
- Lead New Shop Opening sales & marketing plans to ensure strong neighborhood roots are established upon opening and sales meet pro forma, including Oven Warming Charity event and PR.
- Establish focus shops and increase sales through active collaboration on games plans and ensuring execution.
- Collaborate with Catering Sales Managers to grow catering and delivery business.
Essential Physical Functions
- Understand competitive nature and dynamics of given neighborhoods, and how it impacts our business.
- Advocate for our customers to ensure we are always providing the best place for lunch.
- Identify and explore potential opportunities to grow sales.
- Must have the ability/stamina to work a minimum of 50 to 55 hours a week.
- Must be able to spend 20-30% of time travelling, and 50-60% of time in market/shops.
- Will frequently reach, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data.
- Must be able to tolerate higher levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
- Must be able to communicate heavily with employees and Support Center through telephone, e-mail and in-person communications.
Qualifications / Requirements:
Experience, Education and Behaviors
- Must represent Potbelly Advantage and Our Values.
- BA degree, preferably in Marketing or related subject.
- At least 3-5 years of marketing experience.
- Experience in field marketing and/or restaurant/retail industry is highly desired.
- A leader and teacher.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and fun.
- Ability and desire to work with minimal guidance; strong initiative and attentive to details.
- Must embody strong problem-solving skills to help identify, prioritize and solve potential issues.
- Must live in the trade area with the ability to travel, and have transportation by which to travel to our shops.
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.