Catering Sales Manager
Full Time or Part Time:
The Catering Sales Manager is the field sales leader for catering and delivery. They are responsible for planning, developing and growing catering sales with Corporations, Associations, Tour & Travel, and SMERF (Social, Military, Education, Religion and Fraternal) markets. They will display/coach sales behaviors to achieve aggressive but attainable sales growth of catering and delivery, to help establish/maintain Potbelly as the best place for lunch!
- Drive catering sales and delivery business for shops within given territory by cold calling, utilizing business lists, canvassing and Inside and Outside Sales presentations.
- Identify new sales opportunities by effectively analyzing metrics tracker, program results and monitoring competitive activity.
- Identify, partner and participate with local and national organizations that support catering/backline sales while building relationships and drive lead generation.
- Build Sales Pipeline to effectively target competition and steal market share.
II. Build Relationships with Customers
- Determine top customers for Shops by analyzing reports and act as key sales liaison with them to ensure Potbelly is their preferred catering option.
- Contact lapsed customers to understand how their catering needs have changed, and build relationship to grow sales in the future.
- Appropriately follow-up with customers to ensure Potbelly is meeting and exceeding their expectations.
III. Coach Shop Teams
- Partner with DMs and GMs to develop sales strategies and tactics that build backline/catering sales and grow the brand in the neighborhood.
- Coaches and supports DMs and GMs and BLC’s in developing outsides sales capabilities of shops, call backs and appropriate follow-up for orders.
IV. Marketing/Sales Support
- Write quotes and follow-up on web sales leads for given region through Salesforce.com
- Partners with Neighborhood Marketing Manager to leverage marketing programs to drive catering/delivery sales and co-facilitate sales classes for GM’s and BLC’s.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability/stamina to work a minimum of 50 to 55 hours a week.
- Must be able to spend 20 – 30% of time traveling, and 75% of time in market or shops.
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, manipulate and key in data.
- Must be able to work in both warm and cool environments, indoors and outdoors.
- Must be able to tolerate higher levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
- Must be able to engage in problem-solving skills to help identify and solve potential issues in the field.
- Must be able to communicate heavily with employees and Support Center through telephone, e-mail and in-person communications.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must represent Potbelly Advantage and Our Values.
- Minimum of 5 years experience within foodservice industry and has created sales revenues for new locations through a wide variety of channels, specifically business to consumer. (B2C)
- Working knowledge of operations. (Four weeks of in shop training will be included.)
- College degree, preferred.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com, preferred.
- Experience in cold calling and Sales Presentations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment.
- Must be organized; proactive; and possess strong sense of urgency and professional demeanor.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Solid coaching ability to support neighborhood shops
- Analytical ability to assess impact of sales and initiatives
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time (in local shops and visiting customers)