The Sales Manager is the field sales leader for catering and backline sales. They are responsible for planning, developing and supporting the execution of sales building activities with outside businesses and organizations. They will drive Potbelly brand awareness and achieve aggressive but attainable sales growth of catering and backline sales to help establish Potbelly as the best place for lunch!
· Partners with DMs and GMs to develop neighborhood strategies and tactics to build backline/catering sales and grow the brand.
· Liaison with the IT department to ensure continued customer adoption and ease of use for the Online Ordering system.
· Analyze regional demographics trends, issues and consumer behaviors of catering and backline sales to build successful strategies to Create Potbelly Fans and drive Best Place For Lunch.
· Identify growth opportunities by effectively analyzing Balanced Score Card information, Go-To Market activities, promotional results and by monitoring competitive activity.
· Coaches and supports DMs and GMs in developing outsides sales capabilities of shops.
· Partners with Neighborhood Marketing Mangers to leverage promotions, marketing and merchandising programs to drive catering/backline sales.
· Identifies, partners and participates with local and national organizations that support catering/backline sales opportunities.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must have the ability/stamina to work a minimum of 50 to 55 hours a week.
· Must be able to spend 20 – 30 % of time traveling, and 60% of time in market or shops
· Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data.
· Must be able to work in both warm and cool environments, indoors and outdoors.
· Must be able to tolerate higher levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic.
· Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
· Must be able to engage in problem-solving skills to help identify and solve potential issues in the field.
· Must be able to communicate heavily with employees, customers and the Support Center through telephone, e-mail and in-person communications.