Full Time or Part Time:
Potbelly Sandwich Shop is looking for Delivery Bikers who can make our customers really happy by delivering our great Potbelly product quickly, safely and with excellent customer service. When not focused on Delivery Biker responsibilities, he or she may also be assigned to other Associate duties within the shop.
- Demonstrate Potbelly’s Behaviors and Values– Integrity, Food Loving, Teamwork, Accountability, Positive Energy, Coaching, Delivering Results through Execution, Building and Inspiring Teams, and Creating Potbelly “Fans”-- through all interactions.
- Provides quick and friendly delivery service and set-up.
- Effectively handles customer complaints/issues.
- Other Associate position duties as assigned as outlined in Potbelly Associate job description, such as preparing quality finished products at various stations, complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning, operating the cash register, answering the phone, providing great customer service, and following Potbelly policies and procedures.
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 3 hours or as needed, when so scheduled for shop duty.
- Must be able to travel on a bicycle for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 3 hours or as needed.
- Must be able to lift or carry up to 50 pounds frequently, while walking or cycling.
- May frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data.
- Must be able to work in both warm and cool environments.
- Must be able to tolerate higher levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must represent The Potbelly Advantage and Our Values
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Must provide own bicycle for delivery.
- Must provide and wear own helmet on deliveries.
- Excellent cycling skills so you can arrive to our customers safely.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in English via verbal and written communication, such that employee can perform his or her job responsibilities.
- Experience in food delivery, a plus.
- In the State of Kansas City only: Every bicycle, when in use at nighttime, must be equipped with a lamp on front that can emit white light visible from a distance of at least five hundred (500) feet to the front and with a red reflector on the rear of the bicycle, visible up to six hundred (600) feet.