An Associate in charge of Food Prep will be in charge of just that—slicing and prepping meats, cheeses, and vegetables so we are ready to make sandwiches and salads for our customers. When not focused on Food Prep, he or she may also be assigned to other Associate duties within the shop.
· Demonstrate Potbelly’s Behaviors and Values– Integrity, Food Loving, Teamwork, Accountability, Positive Energy, Coaching, Delivering Results through Execution, Building and Inspiring Teams, and Creating Potbelly “Fans”-- through all interactions.
· Slice meats, cheeses and vegetables.
· Prepare meats and cheeses for different sandwiches.
· Clean back of the house work stations and slicing machines.
· Other Associate position duties as assigned as outlined in Potbelly Associate job description, such as preparing quality finished products at various stations, complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning, operating the cash register, answering the phone, providing great customer service, and following Potbelly policies and procedures.
· Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 3 hours or as needed.
· Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 3 hours or as needed.
· Be able to lift up to 20 pounds frequently.
· Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data.
· Work in both warm and cool environments, indoors (95%) and outdoors (5%).
· High levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic.
· Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.