Acute Care Medical Transcriptionist
Home Office NV
Nuance has excellent career opportunities available now. We are looking for candidates with a positive attitude and a desire to work in a team environment. Join Nuance and become an integral part of a growing organization that is uniquely built around our customers and employees. We have immediate openings for experienced acute care transcriptionists.
Multiple positions available! Work from home anywhere in the US.
We have openings on the following platforms: eScription (mostly SR Editing),BeyondTXT (proprietary platform mix of transcription and SR editing), Dictaphone ExText (mix of transcription and SR Editing), APEX and others.
Multiple full-time positions and part-time positions are available. Positions require a minimum of 20 hours per week, however, healthcare benefits are available to employees working 30+ or more hours per week!
In addition to a highly competitive line rate (65 characters including spaces), shift differentials, holiday premium pay and direct deposit, we offer a full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, company-matched 401K, long and short term disability.
Nuance Position Requirements
• A minimum of 1 year of current full-time work experience doing medical transcription for acute care facilities, preferably with 50 or more beds.
• Experience with the 4 major work types is preferred (History & Physicals, Operative Notes, Consults and Discharge Summaries)
• Ability to reach and maintain a high level of accuracy
• Experience working with English-as-a-Second-Language (ESL) dictators is required
• Candidates must have access to high-speed Internet (DSL, Cable, or fiber optic connection)
• Experience relevant to the position must be within the last 3 years
Candidates must provide their own computer (we will supply the foot pedal). Computer specifications vary based on platform, but we are compatible with Windows 7- Windows 10. Compatible MS Word versions 2007, 2010, 2012, 2013 & 2016. These must be full licensed version (no trial, starter or academic versions). Your recruiter will check your computer for compatibility during your interview.
Medical language specialist who interprets and transcribes dictation by physicians and other healthcare professionals regarding patient assessment, workup, therapeutic procedures, clinical course, diagnosis, prognosis, etc., in order to document patient care and facilitate delivery of healthcare services.
• Transcribe medical dictation utilizing proprietary software and compatible foot pedal.
• Transcription to include acute care, and some specialties.
• Must maintain employer's performance expectations, including attendance.
• Recognizes, interprets, and evaluates inconsistencies, discrepancies, and inaccuracies in medical dictation, and appropriately documents.
• Flags reports requiring the attention QA staff.
• Uses reference materials appropriately and efficiently to facilitate the accuracy, clarity, and completeness of reports.
• Meets quality and productivity standards and deadlines established by employer.
• Verifies patient information for accuracy and completeness.
• Formats reports according to established guidelines.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the medicolegal implications and responsibilities related to the transcription of patient records.
• Understands and complies with policies and procedures related medicolegal matters, including confidentiality, release of information, medical records as legal evidence, etc.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, AHDI guidelines and procedures.
• Knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices.
• Ability to operate designated word processing, dictation, and transcription equipment, and other equipment as specified.
• Ability to access appropriate reference materials.
• Excellent listening skills and ability to understand diverse accents and dialects and varying dictation styles.
• Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
• Ability to use excellent English grammar and spelling.
• Ability to speak, read and write the English language fluently.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.