Virtual Medical Scribe – iScribes, now part of Nuance
Part time, 24 hours a week. W2, no benefits.
Location: US, Remote
Excludes: WA, OR, CA, MA, RI, VT, HI, CO, MD, NY, AZ or CT, nor in Chicago, DC or New York City and its Boroughs
Virtual medical scribes have the opportunity to work directly with physicians and learn about medicine by listening to and documenting patient encounters. Scribes listen to recorded patient visits and are responsible for updating the electronic medical record with pertinent, well-written medical history, physical examination, assessment and plan, findings and procedures, within a clear time limit.
Virtual medical scribes benefit from flexible hours and the ability to work from home.
• You must complete the application and successfully pass the Candidate Assessment.
• Medical Scribe experience strongly preferred. Knowledge of medical vocabulary is also strongly preferred.
• Candidates who are offered a position and accept must successfully complete a background check.
• You must have a typing speed of at least 60 words per minute.
• To be a scribe, you have to be detail-oriented and strive to constantly improve your knowledge and skills.
• A mastery of the English language, with excellent verbal/written communication at all times is required. Think of yourself as a ghost writer for a medical provider!
• A fast computer with strong internet connection is needed, and must be in a private or secure room / location
• At a minimum, you must be an intermediate user in the Google suite of products, specifically Google Drive, Google Documents and Google Hangouts.
• You must reside and be authorized to work in the United States.
• At this time we do not operate in the states of: WA, OR, CA, MA, RI, VT, HI, CO, MD, NY, AZ or CT, nor in Chicago, DC or New York City and its Boroughs. If you are a resident there, we thank you for your application and we'll contact you when we start operating there.
• Pay starts at $8.50/hour and there are production bonuses in place. Training takes about 60-70 days.
• Schedule requirement: You must be able to chart for a provider who works three days a week, on 8 hour shifts. Your deadline to turn charts in is by noon of the following day.
• The position is part time, W2, and offers no benefits. Scribes will work a minimum of 24 hours a week, between Monday and Friday. You will service 2-3 doctors who will count on you as a member of their medical team.
• This position does not offer full time hours. We do however have part-time internal career opportunities, and we are constantly hiring our brightest and best to lead and specialize.