I. Job Summary
The banquet server cares for the dining needs of banquet guests and in doing so, creates positive memorable experiences. Guest service is the first and primary responsibility. Everything the server does is done to delight guests.
II. Job Responsibilities
• Greet and make all guests feel welcomed.
• Take drink orders, process orders, and accommodate special needs/requests.
• Serve food to all guests following banquet guidelines for presenting and clearing plates.
• Refill beverages as needed or as directed by the banquet captain.
• Remain attentive to guests throughout the entire dining experience, adhering to or exceeding service standards as established by the restaurant at all times.
• Maintain cleanliness standards in restaurant, wait station and kitchen service area in order to have a clean, presentable and attractive facility, and to satisfy State Board of Health requirements.
• Attend team briefings when relevant.
• Present a clean and professional appearance at all times.
• Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
• Ensure guest satisfaction by responding to guest inquiries with accurate information and a positive attitude.
• Be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of safety and hygiene.
• Clean designated areas in accordance with resort and State Board of Health requirements.
• Ensure all linens, table settings and items used are clean and undamaged.
• Clean and refill cruet and condiment sets as needed.
• Check all tables to be sure that decorations are properly placed.
• Check stations to be sure they are adequately stocked.
Perform other duties as assigned.