I. Job Summary
The pool server graciously and efficiently serves food and beverage to all guests on the beach and at the pools. Guest service is the first and primary responsibility for this position. This person should be very comfortable interacting with guests and potential clients in a highly professional manner. Everything the server does is done to delight guests.
II. Job Responsibilities
• Greet and make all guests feel welcomed.
• Use the guest’s name at least three times during the interaction.
• Take drink and food orders, process orders in a timely manner, serve orders and accommodate special needs/requests.
• Remain attentive to guests throughout the entire dining experience, adhering to or exceeding service standards as established by the restaurant at all times.
• Complete all restocking and cleaning duties by performing opening and closing as instructed.
• Memorize menu items, recipes and daily specials in order to answer questions and make recommendations.
• Maintain cleanliness standards in order to satisfy local health department and State Board of Health requirements.
• After taking payment, thank the guest and ask if there is anything else that the guest might want.
• Attend team briefings when relevant.
• Present a clean and professional appearance at all times.
• Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
• Ensure guest satisfaction by responding to guest inquiries with accurate information and a positive attitude.
• Promote hotel amenities and services to guests using personal knowledge and effective selling techniques.
• Welcome and effectively resolve guest questions, issues and complaints with supervisor assistance as needed.
• Be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of safety and hygiene.
• Clean serving trays in accordance with State Board of Health requirements.
• Check stations to be sure they are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery, linens or other established needs, be they food or equipment.
• Control allocated guest checks by following established check-use procedures and legibly documenting all required information as guest orders are taken and processed.
• Post food and drink charges and compute final guest check.
• Handle cash, credit card, currency conversions and other financial transactions. • Receive proper payment from guest and ensure accuracy of guest check and method of payment.
• Ensure the security of guest payment information.
Perform other duties as assigned.