I. Job Summary
The reservations agent answers guest questions, sells hotel bookings and amenities, and books reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel in accordance with established standards and scripts using the hotel’s reservations system. This position may also be required to work in other capacities including PBX operator, concierge and front desk agent.
II. Job Responsibilities
- Answer external phone calls within three rings, with a friendly, professional greeting.
- Make every effort to learn and use the guest's name when appropriate.
- Use professional language (proper grammar, no slang).
- Treat guests and co-workers with respect and dignity.
- When applicable, provide the caller with the direct number or extension.
- Ensure guest satisfaction by responding to guest inquiries with accurate information and a positive attitude.
- Welcome and effectively resolve guest questions, issues and complaints with supervisor assistance as needed.
- Efficiently follow up on all guest requests.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions or direct inquires to the appropriate department.
- Notify sales of any group bookings.
- Assist with other duties as assigned such as: running daily reports, e.g. the cancellation, booking or arrival reports.
- Communicate with other departments and supervisors/managers in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Attend team briefings as needed.
- Process reservations from the sales, reservations centers or travel agencies/wholesalers.
- Designate and apply appropriate travel agency commissions.
- Process cancellations, revisions and information updates on any changes.
- Process guest requests for activities within the resort and the surrounding areas.
- Mail hotel-specific information sheets and brochures to guests as requested.
- Complete training on job specific systems.
- Complete training on Cheeca services and amenities.
- Complete training on external sports, dining, hotel and entertainment offerings.
Perform other duties as assigned.