- Minimum of an Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent two-year College or technical school
- Minimum of 10 years of supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training
- Experience and expertise with AS400 or similar systems for managing inventory
- Experience managing multi-site facilities is highly preferred (with multiple docks shipping/receiving)
MAPEI offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, contributory 401k, tuition reimbursement and 17 company paid personal days.
Job Opening: Warehouse Supervisor (3rd Shift)
MAPEI Group, established in 1937, is a privately owned global corporation headquartered in Milan, Italy, with 81 subsidiaries including 70 plants in 32 countries. The company specializes in manufacturing chemical products for building, including waterproofing products, special mortars and admixtures for concrete, products for the restoration of ancient buildings, and special decorative and protective coatings for walls.
MAPEI is celebrating 80 years in business as the world leader in the manufacturing of mortars, grouts, adhesives and complementary products for the installation of all types of floor and wall coverings. Annual revenues exceed $3B, and the company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide.
We're searching for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor on 3rd shift (11:00pm - 7:00am, Sunday through Thursday) in West Chicago, IL. Due to the high demands of MAPEI's West Chicago high output facility, we're searching for someone that will lead our shipping, receiving and warehouse activities on 3rd shift.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in preparing, verifying, and keeping records of incoming and/or outgoing shipments.
- Responsible for achieving ultimate customer satisfaction through high quality of service and achieve Company's financial goals through cost control of inventory, shipping and warehousing.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Analyze shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Determine space requirements and lays out efficient ways to arrange the shipments into containers, trailer, and trucks.
- Determine routing and weight specifications for truck loads according to established schedules and weight limits respectively.
- Inspect loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications. Seals loaded containers, trailers and truck doors
- Inspect material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
- Maintain vehicle maintenance report.
- Direct movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Compile records of unfilled orders.
- Post weights and freight charges.
- Prepare bills of lading and responsible for the planning and dock appointments for outgoing shipments.
- Verify that truck drivers have pertinent permits and legal documents required by the products to be loaded.
- Study and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintain harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Prepare composite reports from individual reports of subordinates.
- Analyze and provide corrective action for service related complaints.