Skill and Qualifications:
- Previous Medical Billing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance carrier payment policies, practices, and amounts.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of insurance carrier policies and practices.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Flexible to handle unexpected daily challenges
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to type a minimum of 40 words per minute
- Basic computer operating skills
- Able to use a 10 key by touch.
Education Level: High School Diploma or GED.
For over 30 years, Intermedix has been a leader in providing technology-enabled solutions for America's health and safety net. Our solutions support planning, communication, command, and control to better connect healthcare providers, public health agencies, and emergency management personnel. Our emergency preparedness and response solutions connect more than 95 percent of the United States population. In addition, Intermedix annually processes more than 15 million patient encounters and collects over two billion in revenue for clients. Today, with approximately 2,000 employees, we take pride in serving our clients with extensive industry expertise and exceptional technology to back it up. Intermedix rewards teamwork, quality and innovation with opportunities for growth and development. If you are looking for a career in an organization that is a leader in health and safety, Intermedix may be the place for you.
Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable specialist is engaged in the tracking of claims through the billing process, to identify problem areas, and to determine a course of action to resolve aging claims. Follows all policies and procedures as outlined by the company and/or governmental regulations and according to HIPAA regulations.
• Responsible for working correspondence on a daily basis – to accurately update accounts with the provided information.
• Responsible for identifying trends which impact revenue and determine best course of action to resolve outstanding accounts.
• Interact with third parties representative and utilize online sites to review status and update accounts as needed to expedite the claims process.
• Interact with manager and team members regarding A/R research results.
• Responsible for the follow up on A/R research projects; review status of accounts, action taken, and further course of action if warranted.
• Provide updates to manager with findings from A/R research and status of A/R projects.
• Perform other duties as directed by manager.
We offer medical, dental, 401k, generous paid time off,
and many other perks.
Come work for a leader in the healthcare industry. For additional company information and to apply for this position, please go to our website at www.Intermedix.com.
Thank you for considering Intermedix for your next employment.
Intermedix is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.