Area of Interest:
State / Province:
FBI, ATV, CTU, ATF, ETA, HR, TSA, MIA, RSVP, RIP, CSI, WTF, WHO, IMO, LOL - these are all acronyms that everyone knows. Well, Insomniac Games is searching for an FX wizard. We are looking for a talented artist to create effects to work and assist in gameplay, environment, and the cinematics of our game. If you are interested- keep reading:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Create, design and implement real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements
• Place effects throughout levels and cinematics
• Paint particle and decal textures
• Create simulations for gameplay elements
• Create FX shaders with node-based shader networks
• Create FX textures (color, normal, specular, ambient occlusion, height, and incandescent maps.)
• Create simple geometry and assign UV’s.
• Optimize FX for framerate and memory.
• Collaborate with other departments to ensure that FX are implemented appropriately in the game engine.
• Work with Art Director to maintain FX art direction for game.
• Self-directed and ability to work independently: Understands and adds to the overall art style of game.
• Orchestrates complex FX events involving layering and timing of different FX to create a believable scene.
• Prototype effect concepts for gameplay and engine
• Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficient in Maya, competent working with joints and locators, keyframing, rigid body simulations, hard surface modeling, and UV mapping.
• Proficient in Photoshop for painting and editing textures.
• Proficient with node-based shader networks.
• Knowledge of other visual effects software a plus.
Other Skills: Good people skills, collaborative attitude, and good observation skills and ability to use reference materials. Ability to work independently. Proficient Animation and timing skills. Solid traditional arts background a plus.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please use the link below. Please note is a project hire but benefit eligible role. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!