Area of Interest:
State / Province:
Leaves on trees, eroding brick walls, shiny metal buildings, dark hallways and rocks… what do these things have in common? They are all elements that go into creating an environment, and we are looking for a superstar to help create an exciting new world for our characters to travel through. Insomniac Games is looking for an Environment Artist to help create game worlds by modeling, texturing, surfacing, and placing assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Models natural and architectural geometry from concept art and photo reference
• Creates uv layouts
• Generates normal maps
• Textures environment objects
• Authors surfaces
• Flags materials for sound and effects
• Creates collision for environment objects
• Optimize textures and geometry; creates LOD’s
• Composes models in the game environment
• Works closely with level designers to lay out levels that work for design and gameplay and follow the aesthetic, technical, and performance guidelines set by the Lead
• Scopes levels for on-time milestone delivery
• Maintains consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and Lead Environment Artist
• Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced modeling, normal map generation, and shader authoring in Maya, Max, or equivalent.
• Proficient in texture creation with Photoshop, Substance Designer, or equivalent.
• Advanced sculpting with ZBrush, Mudbox or equivalent.
• Advanced understanding of at least one industry-leading level editor.
• Understanding of source control with Perforce or the equivalent.
Other Skills: Excellent foundations skills, including composition, design, and color theory. Strong traditional painting skills, ability to create models and shaders for a range of art directions, from photorealistic to stylized. Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules. Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team. Must play games or understand the goal of a level design.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, then we want to hear from you. Please note this role is a project hire, but benefit eligible role. Just use the link below and apply directly to the role. Thanks!