1742 - Intern Test Development Engineering Associate
16 Month Internship
The ideal candidate is enrolled in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering Program.
When you join Celestica, it's more than just a job. It's about being part of a team of talented individuals who are passionate about what they do everyday. It's about joining one of the world's largest end-to-end supply chain solutions companies and contributing to our forward thinking and collaborative solutions for our teams and customers.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, we have over 30,000 employees throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia regions. Our expertise includes design, engineering, electronics manufacturing and supply chain management services.
Want to take your career to the next level? Come grow and innovate with us.
Students will enjoy a stimulating and challenging work environment with opportunities to develop skills, while working in a highly motivated team.
Students who excel in this position enjoy working on the hardware-software boundary, and are driven by complex problem solving in a fast-paced environment. The role includes direct involvement with cutting edge products, and provides an opportunity to experience all areas of product test development while working within a very experienced group of development engineers. You should be familiar with most electronic technologies and be able to work with products for the consumer, enterprise, communications, industrial, healthcare and aerospace markets. A strong programming background (on various software platforms) is an important asset.
As this position involves work that is subject to the Canadian Government's Controlled Goods Program (CGP), your employment offer is conditional upon the successful completion of a security assessment by Celestica and/or its authorized agents, per the Controlled Goods Regulations.
This position involves technologies regulated by the Canadian government's "Controlled Goods Program". Candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada. Job offers will be conditional upon candidates undergoing a successful security screening per the Controlled Goods Regulations.
Activities - Test Development:
Activities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Develop test solutions (hardware and software) to control product hardware, automated test equipment, write diagnostics, user interfaces, etc.
- Work with a highly experienced engineering team to review and provide input on development designs
- Implement software & hardware solutions including, HW procurement, integration, qualification and installation support for manufacturing test of electronics (for multiple global sites)
- Integrate tools and code developed by other internal groups or external customers
- Debug of solutions using design of experiments, tools, and failure analysis methodologies
- Support the development and updating of development work instructions
- Work with suppliers and customers during project execution
- Improve quality and efficiency within the test development process; process optimization
Skills and experience with the following:
- General electronics knowledge, including good PC skills (basic + debugging)
- Electronics manufacturing
- Engineering project development and support
- Windows tools
- LabView - preferred
- Linux - preferred
- MS Visual Studio .NET (C#, VB, ASP) - preferred
- Python, Ruby, Java, Perl - considered
HTML, XML, CSS, PHP - considered
Area: Test Development Engineering
Opening: May 2014
Location: 844 Don Mills Road, Toronto, ON
Major Intersection - Don Mills Rd & Eglinton Ave E.
Number of Positions: 4
Duties of this position are varied and will include:
- Lab work including assembling test fixtures, racks of instruments, running cables, wiring and pcb assembly
- Normal office environment with exposure to manufacturing environments
- May require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data
- Repetitive manual movements are frequently required (e.g. data entry, using a computer mouse, using a calculator, etc)
Experience: Relevant University or personal project experience
Any form of formal work experience is preferred
Education: University program in progress.
To apply: please connect with your campus career services and refer to the job reference number. Please note that applications must be submitted through your campus career portal and at www.celestica.com.
Application: please include a cover letter, resume and your current transcript on your profile. Indicate your current year at school and if you are a part of a 4 year or 5 year program.