Intern Buyer/Planner Associate
16 Month Internship
When you join Celestica, it's more than just a job. It's about being part of a team of talented individuals who are passionate about what they do everyday. It's about joining one of the world's largest end-to-end supply chain solutions companies and contributing to our forward thinking and collaborative solutions for our teams and customers.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, we have over 30,000 employees throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia regions. Our expertise includes design, engineering, electronics manufacturing and supply chain management services.
Want to take your career to the next level? Come grow and innovate with us.
This is an entry level role as a Buying/Planning associate. Guidance and mentorship will be provided to individuals in this position. The individual in this role will perform task but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain responsibility for planning particular top-level assemblies and purchasing some key items used on the product.
- Ensures materials are available to meet manufacturing build requirements.
- Reviews forecasted demand requirements and purchases materials accordingly to support customer order/builds.
- Works with customer and/or internal team to review/validate forecasted volumes. Communicates committed delivery schedule.
- Executes weekly MPS/MRP inputs based on customer orders, verify input and output and review actions generated ensuring quality of input.
- Handles purchase order expediting, de-expediting and cancel, as business requires.
- Work is guided by detailed instructions, routines, and procedures. Works under close supervision and receives detailed instructions on all work assignments. May work autonomously once proficiency in the tasks is achieved. May be given more complex duties as proficiency is gained. Deals directly with immediate supervisor, co-workers and team members with guidance. This position is an excellent and challenging position for students who are interested in gaining procurement, business and manufacturing knowledge.
- Matches material requirements and inventory turnover so as not to hold too high of a percentage of inventory.
- Manages surplus, excess and obsolete inventory and prepare inventory reports.
- Assists in the resolution of receipt and supplier invoice discrepancies.
- Reviews manufacturing production goals and plans accordingly.
- Analyzes inputs including capacity, cycle times, urgency of request, and material availability to help determine schedule.
- Acts as customer liaison with new product introduction.
AREA: Supply Chain Management
OPENING: Spring 2014
LOCATION: 844 Don Mills Road, Toronto, ON
Major Intersection - Don Mills Rd & Eglinton Ave E.
Number of Positions: 5
As this position involves work that is subject to the Canadian Government's Controlled Goods Program (CGP), your employment offer is conditional upon the successful completion of a security assessment by Celestica and/or its authorized agents, per the Controlled Goods Regulations.
This position involves technologies regulated by the Canadian government's "Controlled Goods Program". Candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada. Job offers will be conditional upon candidates undergoing a successful security screening per the Controlled Goods Regulations.
Fulfills requirements of University or College Internship program in a Support function whereby the duties are categorized as "Indirect" labour. Duties fulfill the requirements of the specific internship program.
Students for these positions are 2nd or 3rd year and currently enrolled in a Community College or University program in a related field, with internship eligibility. They are team players who posses strong analytical and interpersonal skills and have excellent PC skills (database software and major desktop applications). Students have basic knowledge of production planning fundamentals, scheduling, materials requirements planning techniques and manufacturing control systems. Basic knowledge of purchasing principles, techniques and philosophies. Knowledge of basic computer applications and the ability to learn and use multiple applications specific to this department. Basic math, data entry and 10-key skills. Basic understanding of specific customer needs. Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy and working under tight time deadlines. Ability to evaluate, prioritize and problem solve a variety of tasks to ensure their timely and accurate completion. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers. Students with basic knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and methodologies, SAP and Six Sigma principles are considered an asset.
Physical Demands: Duties of this position are performed in a normal office with exposure to manufacturing environments. Duties may require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed dat Repetitive manual movements are frequently required (e.g. data entry, using a computer mouse, using a calculator, etc).
Please note that SCM positions may differ from one client to the next, however the description above is in most cases a reflection of each position available.
To apply: please connect with your campus career services and refer to the job reference number. Please note that applications must be submitted through your campus career portal and at www.celestica.com.
Application: please include a cover letter, resume and your current transcript on your profile. Indicate your current year at school and if you are a part of a 4 year or 5 year program.