Intern Finance Learning, Development and Communications Associate
16 Month Internship
When you join Celestica, it's more than just a job. It's about being part of a team of talented individuals who are passionate about what they do everyday. It's about joining one of the world's largest end-to-end supply chain solutions companies and contributing to our forward thinking and collaborative solutions for our teams and customers.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, we have over 30,000 employees throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia regions. Our expertise includes design, engineering, electronics manufacturing and supply chain management services.
Want to take your career to the next level? Come grow and innovate with us.
At Celestica, the Finance Learning, Development and Communications intern has an opportunity to work with many teams in Global Finance including Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Reporting, Tax, Treasury, and Corporate Financial Systems. Interns provide support to the Global Finance community by maintaining training resources, publishing Finance communications, and assisting with the quarterly close, consolidate and report process, among other responsibilities. In a busy professional setting, candidates must work effectively with others, have strong communication skills, and prioritize tasks for efficient time management.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual interested in gaining insight into the Finance function of an international business. A confident communicator, you will effectively deliver concise messages to global team members and executives. Knowledge of Finance and Accounting concepts will contribute to the quality of your work. A passion for public speaking is advantageous, as well as experience with event logistics or course deployment and delivery.
- Enrolment in a formal university or college Internship program
- Enrolment in a Business/Commerce/Accounting program
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and interpersonal
- Strong internet, research and computer skills (specifically Microsoft Suite, Google Apps for Business)
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Self-motivation to work on own initiative and meet deadlines
- High degree of organization
- Specific communications, marketing, or events experience
- Teaching/coaching/training development and deployment experience
- Website upkeep and database management aptitudes
What we offer
- Insight into the many facets of a global organization's finance function
- The opportunity to work directly with high level Finance members
- The opportunity to develop communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- A personal development plan and regular support to enhance your learning experience
Fulfills requirements of University or College Internship program in a Support function whereby the duties are categorized as "Indirect" labour. Duties fulfill the requirements of the specific internship program.
Area: Corporate Finance, Learning, Development and Communications
Opening: Spring 2014
Number of positions: 1
Location: 844 Don Mills Road, Toronto, ON
Major Intersection - Don Mills & Eglinton
- Duties of this position are performed in a normal office with exposure to manufacturing environments.
- Duties may require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data
- Repetitive manual movements are frequently required (e.g. data entry, using a computer mouse, using a calculator, etc).
Experience: No formal experience is required.
Education: University program in progress.
To apply: please connect with your campus career services and refer to the job reference number. Please note that applications must be submitted through your campus career portal and at www.celestica.com.
Application: please include a cover letter, resume and your current transcript on your profile.