Intern - Information Technology
16 Month Internship
When you join Celestica, it's more than just a job. It's about being part of a team of talented individuals who are passionate about what they do everyday. It's about joining one of the world's largest end-to-end supply chain solutions companies and contributing to our forward thinking and collaborative solutions for our teams and customers.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, we have over 30,000 employees throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia regions. Our expertise includes design, engineering, electronics manufacturing and supply chain management services.
Want to take your career to the next level? Come grow and innovate with us.
Students will enjoy a stimulating and challenging work environment with opportunities to develop skills, while working in a highly motivated team.
Students should be currently enrolled in a Computer Science or Computer Engineering program and have completed their 3rd year. We are looking for a team player who possesses good communication skills (written and verbal), able to learn quickly, self motivated and takes initiative.
● Involved with design/development/support of new and existing web applications ( both on premise and cloud platforms - such as Google App Engine, Microsoft Azure, etc )
● Working closely with Celestica's outsource partner(s) for support/development of applications
● Assisting in the gathering of requirements for new web applications- includes collecting and analyzing existing documentation, reviewing with Subject Matter Experts & writing specification documents.
● Perform routine management/reporting tasks as they relate to the portfolio of applications under our control.
● Monitoring activities of IT systems and applications
● Participate to volunteering activities within Celestica volunteer programs
AREA: Information Technology
OPENING: May 2014
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 9
LOCATIONS: 844 Don Mills Road (Major Intersection - Don Mills Rd & Eglinton Ave E.)
Fulfills requirements of University or College Internship program in a Support function whereby the duties are categorized as "Indirect" labour. Duties fulfill the requirements of the specific internship program.
Technical Skills include:
● Basic knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle
● Familiarity with Web/Portal architecture/technologies: Web Server (IIS, Apache), LDAP, Web Application Server.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
● Basic knowledge of the IT industry.
● Duties of this position are performed in a normal office with exposure to manufacturing environments.
● Duties may require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data.
● Repetitive manual movements are frequently required (e.g. data entry, using a computer mouse, using a calculator, etc).
Experience: No formal experience is required.
Education: University or College program in progress.
To apply: please connect with your campus career services and refer to the job reference number. Please note that applications must be submitted through your campus career portal and at www.celestica.com.
Application: please include a cover letter, resume and your current transcript on your profile.