Intern Information Technology
16 Month Internship
When you join Celestica, it's more than just a job. It's about being part of a team of talented individuals who are passionate about what they do everyday. It's about joining one of the world's largest end-to-end supply chain solutions companies and contributing to our forward thinking and collaborative solutions for our teams and customers.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, we have over 30,000 employees throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia regions. Our expertise includes design, engineering, electronics manufacturing and supply chain management services.
Want to take your career to the next level? Come grow and innovate with us.
Students will enjoy a stimulating and challenging work environment with opportunities to develop skills, while working in a highly motivated team.
Students should be currently enrolled in a Business Degree or Supply Chain Management or Computer Science or Computer Engineering program and have completed their 3rd year. We are looking for a team player who possesses good communication skills (written and verbal), able to learn quickly, self motivated and takes initiative.
- Assist commodity Managers with spend analysis and the categorization of key spend areas
- Send RFQ's and manage proposals, questions & answers related to RFQ's
- Consolidate sourcing activities through centralized point of contact for internal and external stakeholders
- Update and maintain databases
- Liaise with the Commodity Managers on day to day activity
- Create pricing comparison table
- Update Savings Report
- Perform routine management/reporting tasks
- Monitor activities of procurement applications
- Participate to volunteering activities within Celestica volunteer programs
AREA: Indirect Procurement
OPENING: Spring 2013
NUMBER OF POSITION: 1
LOCATIONS: 844 Don Mills Road (Major Intersection - Don Mills Rd & Eglinton Ave E.)
Fulfills requirements of University or College Internship program in a Support function whereby the duties are categorized as "Indirect" labour. Duties fulfill the requirements of the specific internship program.
Technical Skills include:
- Currently enrolled in Business Program or Computer Science
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Basic knowledge of Supply Chain
- Duties of this position are performed in a normal office with exposure to manufacturing environments.
- Duties may require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data.
- Repetitive manual movements are frequently required (e.g. data entry, using a computer mouse, using a calculator, etc).
Experience: No formal experience is required.
Education: University or College program in progress
To apply: please connect with your campus career services and refer to the job reference number. Please note that applications must be submitted through your campus career portal and at www.celestica.com.
Application: please include a cover letter, resume and your current transcript on your profile.