Intern Product Engineer Associate
16 Month Internship
When you join Celestica, it's more than just a job. It's about being part of a team of talented individuals who are passionate about what they do everyday. It's about joining one of the world's largest end-to-end supply chain solutions companies and contributing to our forward thinking and collaborative solutions for our teams and customers.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, we have over 30,000 employees throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia regions. Our expertise includes design, engineering, electronics manufacturing and supply chain management services.
Want to take your career to the next level? Come grow and innovate with us.
Exciting Internship in a stimulating and challenging work environment with opportunities to develop skills, while working in a highly motivated team.
Students should be currently enrolled in an Engineering program (preferably Mechanical) and have completed their 3rd year. We are looking for a team player who possesses good communication skills (written and verbal), able to learn quickly, self motivated and takes initiative.
Activities include but are not limited to:
- Receive, review and understand product data packages from our external customers.
- Interface with manufacturing and supply chain teams to prioritize engineering changes and data setup based on production schedule.
- Complete bill of material, component and assembly data set up within Celestica's internal databases to enable material procurement and manufacturing.
- Communicate with external customers to resolve missing and/or inaccurate data.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams on continuous improvement initiatives as necessary to enhance processes to meet cost, quality, and delivery.
- Work is guided by detailed instructions, routines, and procedures. Works under close supervision and receives detailed instructions on all work assignments. May work autonomously once proficiency in the tasks is achieved. May be given more complex duties as proficiency is gained. Deals directly with immediate supervisor, co-workers and team members with guidance.
Fulfills requirements of University or College Internship program in a Support function whereby the duties are categorized as "Indirect" labour. Duties fulfill the requirements of the specific internship program.
As this position involves work that is subject to the Canadian Government's Controlled Goods Program (CGP), your employment offer is conditional upon the successful completion of a security assessment by Celestica and/or its authorized agents, per the Controlled Goods Regulations.
Area: Commodity Management
Start Date: May 2014
Location: 844 Don Mills Road, Toronto
Number of positions: 1
Typical Experience: No formal experience is required.
To apply: please connect with your campus career services and refer to the job reference number. Please note that applications must be submitted through your campus career portal and at www.celestica.com.
Application: please include a cover letter, resume and your current transcript on your profile. Indicate your current year at school and if you are a part of a 4 year or 5 year program.