Intern Corporate Supply Chain Associate
16 Month Internship
When you join Celestica, it's more than just a job. It's about being part of a team of talented individuals who are passionate about what they do everyday. It's about joining one of the world's largest end-to-end supply chain solutions companies and contributing to our forward thinking and collaborative solutions for our teams and customers.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, we have over 30,000 employees throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia regions. Our expertise includes design, engineering, electronics manufacturing and supply chain management services.
Want to take your career to the next level? Come grow and innovate with us.
The associate will work with a team in the Corporate Supply Chain with responsibilities for, but are not limited to price/value determination, sourcing, negotiations, terms & conditions and supplier relationship and process management and development. Consolidates, tabulates, analyzes and reports on various commitment and performance metrics.
Students for these positions are currently enrolled in Engineering(Aerospace, Mechanical, Industrial, Electronics) or Business/Commerce program, are team players who posses strong analytical and interpersonal skills, have excellent PC skills (database software and major desktop applications). Knowledge of Manufacturing, Procurement and the electronics industry are also recommended. For students who have completed 3rd year of a 4 or 5 year program.
Multiple roles are available within various corporate supply chain departments. The departments which are hiring include, Commodity Management, Processes & Applications, Procurement Cost Engineering, Supply Line Management and Customer Solutions.
Performs tasks such as, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Maintain or research a supplier at commodity level
- Research commodity pricing as a trend
- Create presentations and reports using Excel, Access & Power Point
- TCOO analysis
- Send and negotiate quote tenders with suppliers to establish cost and set pricing
- Will have exposure to SAP and internal databases and applications. In some case will work with business and IT to maintain and develop new applications
- Consolidates, tabulates, analyzes and reports on various topics, commitments and performance metrics.
- Supports the site SCM buying teams in times of product shortage or suppliers not meeting performance requirements including escalation within the supplier and alternative source development/recommendations.
- Supports customers to resolve quality, serviceability and performance related issues for products.
- May have opportunity to develop and maintain various business processes
- Work is guided by detailed instructions, routines, and procedures. Works under close supervision and receives detailed instructions on all work assignments. Once proficiency in the tasks is achieved intern will work autonomously and be given more complex duties. Will work directly with immediate supervisor, co-workers and team members. Will work with colleagues and suppliers around the globe gaining international experience.
Student will develop the following skills:
Supply chain/commodity business practices
Advance proficiency in various Microsoft products
Project management experience
Global site interaction
Area: Commodity Management
Start Date: May 2014
Location: 844 Don Mills Road, Toronto
Number of positions: 8 Interns
Experience: No formal experience is required.
To apply: please connect with your campus career services and refer to the job reference number. Please note that applications must be submitted through your campus career portal and at www.celestica.com.
Application: please include a cover letter, resume and your current transcript on your profile. Indicate your current year at school and if you are a part of a 4 year or 5 year program.