Armstrong Utilities, Inc. connected our first cable television customers in 1963, in Butler, Pennsylvania. Since that time, we have continued to keep pace with the technological advancements of this ever-changing industry.
Our first customers received nine channels. Today, Armstrong offers consumers hundreds of viewing options, High Speed Internet service, telephone service and a variety of business products, all over our state-of-the-art broadband network.
Throughout our more than 50 years in cable television, Armstrong has been a leader in innovation. Using fiber optics and advanced technology, our networks are designed to provide leading-edge services and high reliability.
Armstrong has always relied on the great people who work for us. Nationally recognized for customer service excellence, their dedication to the customer has kept us a leader in the industry.
The Commercial Sales Director is responsible for the oversight and direction of the selling of products and services by implementing national sales plans and recruiting, coaching and directly supervising a team of regional Strategic Account Executives, Territory Account Executives and Inside Sales Representatives, who are primarily focused on selling communications solutions to new SMB and Enterprise businesses. Primary services include fiber based DIA, P2P, P2MP, WAN, Hosted PBX, Bulk and Hospitality, coax delivered Internet, Video and Voice.
- Creates a positive and winning work environment.
- Initiates projects to develop processes around efficiency and to improve the customer experience.
- Collaborates with System General Managers and HQ departments.
- Develops and executes against the strategic plan to achieve or exceed sales targets and expand customer base.
- Owns and consistently achieves or exceeds team sales and revenue goals by coaching each Account Executive to at least meet, if not exceed, performance standards.
- Develops and implements a prospecting strategy with each Account Executive that will target all serviceable and near serviceable business prospects in their territory.
- Manages Commercial Sales Representatives including training and coaching on successful prospecting tactics, sales & presentation techniques, territory planning and networking/event sales strategy and tactics.
- Develops and implements a Team Territory Plan, under the guidance of the VP/GM of Commercial Services, to increase market share and service penetration within the assigned territory.
- Maintains accountability standards for achievement of performance goals by reviewing documents and monthly performance results
- Builds and maintains strong, long-lasting customer relationships and assists each Account Executive to develop a strong base of business networking associates outside of Armstrong Business and gain commitment as referral agent partners
- Partners with customers to understand business needs and objectives
- Guides Account Executives in partnering with General Managers and Community Marketing Managers to become active participants in local business associations and Chambers of Commerce in their assigned territory.
- Coaches each Account Executive to identify active commercial real estate developers as well as the main construction contacts for Armstrong Communications within the assigned territory to regularly schedule meetings to identify new commercial developments and ensure ROEs for new commercial developments in advance of joint trench.
- Conducts ride outs with Outside Account Executives to observe and assist with skill development.
- Coaches and develops Inside Sales team with all selling motions through live observation and split jack engagement to develop a detailed follow up procedure to help determine and maximize success rates.
- Works with the VP of Commercial Sales and Marketing Leads to ensure steady customer interest and call volume.
- Ensures Inside Sales representatives qualify and transfer advanced services leads to appropriate Outside Account Executives.
- 10 years of Telecommunications sales experience, with 5 years in a management position
- MSO Telecommunications experience a plus
- Demonstrated Servant Leadership behaviors with high standards for excellence
- Ability to work in and with cross-functional teams and departments
- Proven sales experience, meeting or exceeding targets and objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in project management and process planning
- Excellent listening, negotiation and time management skills
- Strong coaching skills
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- This position reports to the Vice President of Commercial Services and has 10-12 direct reports for multiple channels and segments.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Free/discounted services
- Opportunity for advancement
- Attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more, effective immediately upon hire
- Paid vacations, sick time & holidays
Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer.