Armstrong Utilities, Inc. connected our first cable television customers in 1963, in Butler, Pennsylvania. Since that time, we have continued to keep pace with the technological advancements of this ever-changing industry.
Our first customers received nine channels. Today, Armstrong offers consumers hundreds of viewing options, High Speed Internet service, telephone service and a variety of business products, all over our state-of-the-art broadband network.
Throughout our more than 50 years in cable television, Armstrong has been a leader in innovation. Using fiber optics and advanced technology, our networks are designed to provide leading-edge services and high reliability.
Armstrong has always relied on the great people who work for us. Nationally recognized for customer service excellence, their dedication to the customer has kept us a leader in the industry.
The Installation & Repair Technician is responsible for installs, moves, modifications and repair of voice and data telecommunications and related equipment according to Armstrong and RUS specifications and standards.
- Make field visits to residential and commercial sites to install or repair voice, data and broadband services
- Read and interpret services orders, trouble tickets, diagrams and operational/product manuals
- Inspect telephone wiring and systems to detect transmission defects
- Use test equipment to analyze and isolate service problems and make repairs.
- Install and trouble shoot broadband modems and connect customer PC’s to the network
- Track hours and materials used and perform data entry.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with field service focusing on voice and broadband
- Experienced in installation and repair of outside telephone cable plant and inside customer wiring
- Ability to climb poles, ladders and work aloft in a bucket truck
- Comfortable with working outside or in customer homes or businesses
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems, Microsoft applications and desktop hardware/laptops required.
- Required to work on call on a rotational basis and over-time if necessary
- Must have a valid PA Driver’s License
- CDL License a plus
- Minimum HS Diploma or equivalency diploma; technical training preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage with free/discounted services
- Opportunity for advancement
- Attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more, effective immediately upon hire
- Paid vacations, sick time & holidays