Guardian is dedicated to helping to protect and enhance people’s lives and what they value most.
Guardian Protection Services, one of the Armstrong Group of Companies, is the largest privately held security systems firm in the U.S. Highly ranked by prestigious industry journals, Guardian designs, installs and monitors residential and commercial security systems. Guardian also partners with new home builders throughout the country to provide structured wiring, security, home automation, whole house audio and other advanced home technologies for newly constructed homes.
Guardian offers monitoring services from coast-to-coast, has 12 satellite offices, and also provides sales and installation through a network of authorized dealers throughout the country. Security Distributing & Marketing (SDM), a respected industry journal, ranks Guardian as one of the top five residential security systems installers in the U.S. adding further evidence to Guardian’s financial stability and staying power. Guardian’s 1000-plus employees proudly represent their company and maintain a consistent focus on the delivery of reliable, state-of-the art technology, currently serving more than 360,000 clients and offering extended-hours, company-owned U.S-based customer service to each and every client.
As a Service Technician you will serve as a service expert on all residential and large scale burglar alarms, large addressable fire alarm systems, and network-based CCTV and card access systems. This position has a heavy focus on providing world-class customer service, and will keep customers full informed of the status of their systems and alleviate any concerns that they may have regarding their systems’ functionality. You will also keep our customer care center advised on the status of customer systems and process inspections.
- Locating and alleviating trouble with damaged equipment or wiring
- Demonstrating systems for customers and providing a thorough explanation of the Extended Repair Agreement, system capabilities, and system operation
- Readjusting equipment, repairing, or replacing inoperative equipment and testing for operation in accordance with established standards and procedures
- Reading blueprints and building electrical and sprinkler plans in order to complete equipment repairs
- Testing backup batteries, keypad programming, and all features in order to ensure proper functioning and to diagnose malfunctions
- Preparing trouble order forms to report temporary repairs
- Coordinating inspections and/or installations with police, fire departments, or other appropriate agencies
- Keeping informed of new products and developments
- Accurately completing all necessary paperwork, including work orders, service orders, time logs and emergency information schedules
- Maintaining inventory control of assigned equipment to ensure adequate stock labels
- Performing other duties as assigned
As a Service Technician, you must combine technical expertise in security systems with the ability to effectively self-manage and work effectively on an independent basis. You must also be highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent time management, prioritization, and project management skills. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a firm commitment to responsive and professional customer service.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years’ experience performing similar duties including installing or servicing security systems
- Expert troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with computer hardware components and software packages
- Valid driver’s license
- Listen and communicate with peers, supervisors and customers
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to maintain strict client confidentiality
- Ability to maintain professional appearance and demeanor
- Trade licenses and registrations in accordance with state/local regulations as required (company pd)
- Physical demands include: capable of sitting and standing for long periods of time; freely bending, kneeling, crawling and stooping while working; work from high places such as roofs, ceilings, ladders and crawl spaces and other small areas; and safely move and lift materials and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs without assistance.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more, effective immediately upon hire
- Paid vacations, sick time & holidays
- Excellent training program
- Company Vehicle with gas card
- Tools Provided
- Company uniforms
- Cell phone & Surface Tablet
For immediate consideration, all qualified candidates should apply now!
Guardian Protection Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.